The Best Gifts for Skaters – Skateboarding Gift Guide – Christmas Edition
Skaters can be a tough bunch to go gift shopping for: we’re incredibly picky about our gear, our shoes, our skateboards, our brands, and our steez. We get a lot of customers calling in over Christmas looking for the perfect Xmas gifts for skaters in their life. Maybe you’re looking to get your bro something you can totally borrow, maybe you’ve got a grom of your own, or maybe you’re browsing for gifts for a skater boyfriend or skater girlfriend. We’re here to break down some of the best skateboarding gifts you can get the skater in your life. Welcome to our Official Whatever Skateboards Christmas 2015 Gift Guide. We’ll break down the must have gifts as do’s and don’ts for skateboarding gift ideas.
Top Skateboarding Gifts
We had to put this first because we’re pretty sure our moms buy every one of us a helmet every Christmas. Helmets and pads are the socks of skateboarding gifts, everyone gets them. Not all of them have been cool so we’re jumping out in advance of this one. If you’re buying for an adult you should be going for the best skateboarding helmet and that’s anything by Predator. We offer the Predator FR-7 on our site which is a great all around helmet for safety. Also the Predator helmet is sleek black, matte, actually looks cool, its the helmet the pros wear in comps. If you have a grom (read: you need kids Christmas gifts) you should obviously opt for a Raskulls helmet. If they made Raskulls for adults we’d probably wear them and there’s a lot of helmet envy on the boardwalk from little steezers rocking their kid’s Shark Helmet.
– Buy a quality helmet.
– Get something cool so you’re more likely to wear it.
– Don’t buy a bike helmet and not a skateboarding helmet.
– Don’t buy a used helmet, ONLY buy new helmets. Used helmets are not safe and very dangerous!
Custom Skateboard or Custom Longboard (Obviously from Whatever Skateboards!)
Its not our fault we have the best gifts for skaters! The nice thing about getting a custom skateboard
as a gift is that it is personal it can be part of your skaters quiver without you needing to worry about all the technical details behind skateboarding. A cool design on our pro quality decks is enough steez for any skater to proudly rock. We carry all the most popular sizes of skateboard. Our most popular sized classic skateboard deck is the 8″ x 31″ 3/4 skateboard
. We also have tried-and-true longboard shapes. If your skater boyfriend or skater girlfriend don’t have a longboard cruiser they make a great gift for any skater. our most popular longboard is our Dart pintail series
. For those looking to get something a little smaller we have the perfect wooden penny style skateboard without our Lil Guy
– Buy a quality skateboard.
– Make multiple designs to come up with something awesome.
– Don’t buy cheap plywood skateboards at Wal-Mart or Target.
– Worry! Our custom skateboards and custom longboards make a rad gift.
GoPro Hero 4 Camera
Skaters love filming themselves and spend hours hitting the pavement just to nail one make when the camera is on. If there’s one camera that stands above all other cameras it is without a doubt the GoPro. The GoPro Hero 4 is the latest in the Go Pro camera series and like previous GoPro cameras its waterproof and has a screen. Compact and rugged Go Pros go anywhere skaters shred and have the fisheye style lens to make sure you get every frame. Ultra high quality and super tiny a Go Pro is like having an entire bag of equipment and lenses. The killer battery life and memory cards that are interchangeable with Android phones makes the GoPro Hero 4 one of the ultimate skateboarding gifts. We’re not gonna lie, these are some of the more expensive cameras on the market but you get what you pay for and any skater would be beyond stoked. The huge bonus with a GoPro is that isn’t just for skateboarding and helmet cams, they’re a great choice for anything fun.
– Read up on the various GoPro camera models and addons. The screen, extra batter, and waterproof case are the most popular addons.
– Get an extra memory card.
– Don’t buy a cheap camera, you’re better off getting something else if you’re not getting something nice like a GoPro or a DLSR still camera.
Skateboarding Gifts on a Budget
Skate Tool or Skate Key
Not all skateboarding gifts have to be pricey, there are a lot of cheap skateboarding gifts for those on a budget. Some low cost staples of skateboarding every single skater loves are skate tools. Skate tools and skate keys have all the major sizes to match skateboarding nuts and screws. They also have an allen head or hex key for those that are sensitive about their deck. You can pretty much never have enough skate tools. Skaters spend a ton of time switching out gear or cored wheels and these are essential. Most hardcore skaters have one in their bag, one in their car, and one at home. An awesome stocking stuffer skateboarding Christmas gift for skaters the skate tool is an essential piece of hardware.
– Get a skater a skate tool as a gift if they don’t have one.
– Don’t worry if your skater already has skate tool, you can always use a few more and friends often “borrow” them.
– There are no don’ts really, skate tools are essential for all skaters.
Right there with skate tools for cheap skateboarding gifts are custom stickers. Create anything awesome and make your own design and get a grip of stickers on the cheap. Regular brands are cool but not all skaters want to rep all brands. Creating badass custom stickers that can be slapped on a skate are the perfect skateboarding stocking stuffer. You can never have enough stickers in life and personalized stickers make the perfect gift for skaters in everyone life.
– Make something awesome. Try a few designs!
– Create a design that is easy to read and not complicated.
– Use complicated designs or very small text.
Last Minute Skateboarding Christmas Gifts
Whatever Skateboards Gift Card
Gift cards are one of our most popular skateboarding gifts. Its not easy to nail the perfect design on your own and sometimes skaters are just plain picky. If you need a last minute skateboarding gift for skaters a Whatever Skateboards gift card can be the perfect way to get an awesome gift with time to spare. Available in different values you can tailor your gift to your budget and your skater.
– Snag a gift card for at least $100 depending on the skateboard you’re trying to get your skater, some downhill longboards or specialty skateboards can be more!
– Panic! We’ve got you covered for Christmas gifts.