As skateboarding has gained more and more popularity over the years, the design of decks has gotten increasingly more creative. There are plenty of ways to be creative when it comes to your skateboard deck, and we make it easy with our online customizer. Since you are able to fully customize your skateboard on our website, the possibilities really are endless. One rad way to customize that we have been digging lately is putting photos on your board. You can place a single photo, multiple photos, or create a collage of photos to put on a deck. Not sure what type of photo to use? We share some of our favorite ideas and ways to have photos on a skateboard.
Personal Photos on a Skateboard
Photo-adorned skateboard make great gifts as well. Order a board with photos of the birthday boy and he will be stoked on his birthday present. Friends tying the knot? Have a few of their favorite photos as a couple transformed into a keepsake that they can either display or ride down the street. Skateboards with photos of you also make a great holiday gift for your parents. Even if they don’t ride, having something you made for them that you enjoy with your favorite photos is sure to please.
Photos as Keepsakes
If you don’t want to use photos of yourself or others, consider the endless other possibilities. If you are a photographer, placing on of your original photos on a skateboard is the perfect way to attract attention to your work while creating the perfect way to get around while you are taking photos. Or perhaps you have some old photos laying around that hold sentimental value. Putting them on a skateboard is a great way to preserve the memories in a fun and creative way.
Skateboard Art comes to Life
Whether you are an established artist, a beginner, or just a creative person, you will likely love the idea of getting your creations out there. Every artist enjoys sharing their work, and what better way to do it than cruising around on it? Enter: skateboard art. At Whatever Skateboards, you can take any of your art and put it on a skateboard or longboard deck. Not only will you get to ride around on your very own creation, you’ll get to show off your skills both on your board and creatively.
The Creative Process
The process is quick, fun, and easy. First, create your design. Draw, paint, or create a masterpiece of the computer. Already have a favorite work of art? Even better! Once you’ve picked out the winner, you’re ready to upload it to our online customizer. To do this, simply scan your hand-drawn design and transfer it to your computer or convert your graphic design to a jpg. Then go to our site, select the board you’d like, click “create your own”. Our decks come in a variety of different sizes, so whatever your preference, you can customize it. This will take you to our customizer. Once you get to step two you will have the option to upload your own photo. From there you can play around with sizing and placement, and even add other graphics or text. There are no rules when it comes to designing your own skateboard so have fun with it and go crazy!
Options for Everyone
Our decks come in a variety of different sizes, so whatever your preference, you can customize it. Worried about scratching up your art? You also have the option to create custom grip tape in addition to custom decks. That way while you shred your design is still visible and if kept in good shape.
Longboards are awesome for getting you where you need to go as well as riding for sport. Any longboard is good for cruising around town, and most are perfect for downhill and distance riding as well. If you are looking for a custom longboard from Whatever Skateboards we have plenty of great options from classic old school pintail longboards to modern downhill symmetrical top mounts and drop throughs and every type of cruiser to choose from.
Experience the speed and thrill of a longboard on your own custom creation! Choose from hundreds of different graphics or upload your own into our customizer to create your perfect design. As if cruising down the street on a brand new board isn’t cool enough, imagine cruising on your very own creation. Having a custom longboard is the perfect way to not only ride in style, but also to attract attention to your riding skills. Post a photo of your fresh new custom design to your social media and draw in even more attention and compliments.
Create a Custom Longboard with Your Favorite Pattern
One of our personal favorite type of custom longboard is a patterned deck. With our online customizer you can choose from a variety of cool patterns. Whether your style is classic, bold, tropical, or eclectic, we can guarantee you’ll find pattern that you will dig on a custom longboard. If you’re feeling extra creative, you also have the option to upload your own patterns to use on your board. Create a pattern then see it come to life on your very own longboard! In tune with your geometric patterns, crystals, and fractals? Create a crazy design that will blow your mind :-O Spirals, hearts, tiger stripes, leopard print, and polka dots can add some spice any longboard. You can even pattern your name so everyone knows who that is your next clip. Having a custom longboard design you love is part of the creativity behind the perfect cruise.
These days, some of the best skateboarders in the world are below the age of 20. Kids are stepping on their first boards at 5 and getting sponsors at the young age of 12. What better way to introduce your young one to skating than with a board designed especially for him or her. With Whatever you can design and order skateboards for kids for their next birthday, special occasion, or just because. We offer street and longboards in a variety of different sizes as well as trucks, wheels, and grip tape to complete your board. What better surprise for a kid than receiving a brand new board customized just how they want it.
Benefits of Skateboards for Kids
There are endless benefits to skateboards for kids. Introducing your child to skating means introducing them to a whole new world. The main benefit of skateboarding for kids is that it gets them outside and active. When they’re stoked about boarding, they’ll want to get out and skate as much as possible. This is good not only for their physical health but also their mental health. Another awesome benefit of getting your kid on a skateboard is the close-knit community that comes with the sport. Friendships are a key part of a young person’s life, from childhood to teenage years, and by encouraging your kid to join in on the skating community you are helping to cultivate many friendships to come.
The coolest part about the skateboards we offer for kids at Whatever is that they can choose their own graphic or text to put on the deck. Whether they have their own design or photo in mind or want to browse our extensive online library of free premium options, they’ll be sure to end up with a board they can’t wait to show off at the skate park.
Head over to our website to see all the skateboards we have to offer!
Amp up your Board and Design Your Own Grip TapeIf you’re looking to amp up your ride, design your own grip tape for your skateboard for a cool and fun board. Whatever Skateboards allows you to create grip tape using your own designs or free graphics and text on the site. We make it easy and fun to design your own quality Jessup grip. Now when you’re cruising down down the street or riding the pipe, your design will be visible on both sides of your board. Attracting attention to your skating just got so much easier.
Pick a DesignPersonalizing your board with grip tape that incorporate your own uniquely personal features will not only add to the aesthetic appeal, it also allows you to personalize for a purpose. Whatever design you have in mind, it will look great on your very own grip tape. Company logo? Team name? Pizza? You can do it all on when you design your own grip tape. Let your creativity run wild and express yourself when creating your masterpiece. If you’re not sure what design to use, you can browse through our library of images and graphics to find inspiration and use on your grip tape.
Design for all LevelsWhether you are a pro or just getting started skating, an awesome set of wheels will set the stage for easy riding and killer tricks. A personalized grip tape design will make your board look cool, no matter what your level of skating is. Drawing attention to your skating will help you to grow in the skate world, so even if you are just starting out, having a rad board will help you move up.
Ready to get started? Head over to our site and get designing!Design Your Own Grip Tape
Wholesale Skateboard Decks for Every Occasion
Wholesale Quality and Quantity
Order Your Wholesale Skateboard Decks Today
Pokemon GO and Skateboarding Are Perfect, Here’s Our Pokemon GO Guide for Those Who Skateboard!
By now you’ve heard of Pokemon GO the amazing new Pokemon game and the first Pokemon app for iOS and Android. You move around the real world and the augmented reality part of the Pokemon app shows you wild Pokemon nearby, Poke Stops which give you items, and Pokemon Gyms which you can challenge based on your team. Pokemon GO is the most popular app and most popular game right now, and that’s perfect for skateboarders: we get around the real world better than anyone else. Becoming a skateboarding Pokemon trainer is easy, here’s our Pokemon GO guide to going from Pokemon GO Beginner to becoming the ultimate Pokemon GO Pokemon Master using nothing but your skateboard and our guide.
DISCLAIMER: BE CAREFUL WHEN COMBINING POKEMON GO AND SKATEBOARDING. ALWAYS WATCH THE ROAD.
Master the Basics of Pokemon GO
To max out your potential you need to know how Pokemon GO works. Download the app, get your account set up, and catch your starter Pokemon. Once you’ve familiarized yourself with the way the map works, locating Pokestops, and locating gyms, you’ll be ready to use our Pokemon GO guide. Poke Stops are blue with a cube until you get close, then you open them up and swipe the circle image / coin. You will get items from Pokestops. Gyms are larger, typically a color from a team with a Pokemon on top. You need to become level 5 before you can fight and conquer a Pokemon Gym. Now that you’ve downloaded Pokemon GO and you know how to use it let’s get in to the details.
Get Informed – Know Your Pokemon GO
- Grass Shaking/Leaves – Seen on the map, a Pokemon may be at the grass or may *not* be at the grass. Wild Pokemon are simply more likely to be in the shaking grass area. The leaf / shaking grasses are found everywhere but are most common near parks or open areas. Try to find a park you can skate through to snag a bunch super quick.
- Pokemon Tab / Gray Pokemon Outlines – Seen on the map this lets you know which Pokemon are nearby.
- Footprints Below Pokemon – Seen in the menu in the map this lets you know how close a Pokemon is to you. The fewer footprints there are closer the Pokemon is. Rumor has it that 1 foot = 50m, 2 feet = 100m, 3 feet = +150m
- CP – This is the Combat Power of a Pokemon. The higher the better for use in battle. The higher your level the higher the CP of the Pokemon you catch.
- Stardust – Used to level up your Pokemon this stuff is gained from capturing Pokemon. You can earn it as part of you bonus for owning a Gym.
- Candy – Used to level up your Pokemon. Get candy from capturing Pokemon. You can get Candy from doing a Transfer, but you get 1 Candy for each Pokemon transferred.
- Eggs – You have an Incubator in your Items. Click to your Pokemon then swipe right to get to the Eggs tab. Choose an egg and start incubating. The egg will hatch when you’ve gone the distance on the egg. Your incubator is infinite but Incubators you buy with Coins have limited uses.
- Incubator – Used to hatch Pokemon Eggs. The Incubator only counts your steps if you are skateboarding or walking. It seems like driving does not work. App must be open.
- Coins – Buy them with real money or earn them each day by having a Pokemon defending a gym. Open up the Shop section and top right is a button. Make sure you have at least 1 Pokemon defending a gym to earn Coins daily.
- Alerts – The app has to be open for you to get alerts about Pokemon.
- PokeStop Refresh Time – 5 minute refresh.
PROTIPS: Pokemon GO and Skateboarding
- Watch The Road – There have already been reports on Reddit of people crashing on their skateboards and hurting themselves as well as *gasp* shattering their phones! You can hold your phone in your hand or pocket and get vibrations and sound updates. You’ll most likely be taking lines and alleys you haven’t taken before so stay sharp.
- Always Equip An Egg – If you’re skating around never forget your eggs. Unlike most people your eggs will be hatching 2x as fast because you’re skating. Eggs and skateboards are one of the best cheats for Pokemon GO.
- Drop Your Pokemon At the Gym – Before getting your daily bonus to get your Coins be sure to drop some Pokemon off to defend the local gyms. With your skateboard under your feet you’ll be able to roll from gym to gym quick.
- The Grass Is Always Greener – Grassy areas and parks are the prime locations to pick up new Pokemon. Poke Stops are usually at nearby landmarks and Pokemon Gyms are at major landmarks. Skaters have the advantage as often Poke Stops will be along pathways and parks cars are not allowed on and other trainers will have to walk.
- Get Electric – You need battery power. Between filming skate clips, watching skate clips, and playing Pokemon GO your skateboarding session is going to wreck your phone battery. Make sure you’re fully charged and keep your charger on you.
- Capture Everything – To get Candy and Stardust you need to capture Pokemon and you’re going to get a lot of Zubats and Ekans as you’re rolling around. Capture everything you can while on your skateboard so you’re always finding new Pokemon as you’re skateboarding.
- Pump Yourself Up – Some phones will allow you to play music over Pokemon GO. Turn off the music in the Pokemon GO settings and blast your usual skating playlist to keep yourself pumping the kilometers.
- Pokemon Move With Your – If you get to catch a rare Pokemon but its floating out in the street don’t stress, it doesn’t actually move away as you move away. You can powerslide to a stop and hit the sidewalk so you have the time to make a Great Pokeball throw.
- Roll Deep – Get to your friends in your crew before anyone else does to make sure you’re all on the same team. Once you pick a team color in Pokemon GO you cannot change your team color. After you’re all on the same team it will be easier to take down gyms as a squad. Roll deep to smash your opponents and get tons of prestige for your gym so its invulnerable.
Skateboarding Tricks While Capturing a Pokemon
So far we’ve done is a little curb slapper while catching a Charmander but one of the finest parts of skateboarding and playing Pokemon GO is getting a rolling capture or making a trick. Trying to hit a Pokemon with a Pokeball while skateboarding and busting a trick is no small feat! We’ve also been getting screen captures with the AR turned to get Pokemon in the shot.
Ash Ketchum may ride a bicycle but Pokemon GO is a skateboarding game for sure. We were busting tricks at every gym location earlier today and were considering a system whereby you had to do a trick based on which Pokemon you caught. Either way Pokemon GO is getting dominated by skaters rolling from gym to gym claiming the rarest and best Pokemon Gyms for themselves. Now that you know the Pokemon GO basics and you’ve got the Pokemon GO PROTIPS, its time to hit the streets.
No Look Pokemon Capturing – Pokemon GO Plus
Pokemon GO Plus is the wristband attachment made by Nintendo made for capturing Pokemon without needing to hold your phone. Skating around staring at a screen can be exhausting after a while so Pokemon GO Plus is a Bluetooth wearable Pokemon GO wristband that notifies you when a Pokemon is near without needing to have the Pokemon GO app open. Perfect for those who roll the distance in areas where there aren’t really a lot of Pokemon the Pokemon Plus wristband isn’t available yet but will be released this year by Nintendo. The Pokemon GO Plus wearable is already up on Amazon.com so we can see what it looks like, and Nintendo *is* taking preorders but no one has had a real chance to do a Pokemon GO Plus review yet. When we do get one we’ll do a Pokemon GO Plus review for sure.
Pokemon GO Plus Preorders / Pokemon GO Plus In Stock
The Pokemon GO Plus release date says December 2016, but that is only when it is sold out. With the popularity of Pokemon fever hitting peak right now Nintendo has been taking Pokemon GO Plus preorders and the Amazon.com offering says its Currently Unavailable when the Pokemon GO Plus is not in stock. If you want to see if Pokemon GO Plus preorders are working or if Pokemon GO Plus is in in stock click here.
We’ve seen mad people rolling around in Pokemon clothes, from Pokemon Tshirts to Pokemon Hats. There’s some rad Pokemon gear floating around, (outside of Ash Ketchum snapbacks), to help other Pokemon Trainers recognize you at a spot. Not everyone on their phone is out training their Pokemon so its nice to know who’s playing the game and who’s not before you start creeping on people. We’re in to the Pokeball Tshirts, Pattern Pokemon Tshirts, and some of the Pokemon Backpacks out there. Here’s some of what’s floating around out there:
Send Us Your Illest Pokemon Trick Shots!
Got some killer content for us? Follow us on Instagram @whateverskateboards and shoot us a DM with your best Pokemon skateboarding pics. If your pics are sick we’ll give you a shoutout! Follow our Instagram for giveaway and dank skateboarding memes!
Create Unique Designs on Your Custom Grip Tape
Kickflip your deck into shape with your own personal custom grip tape. Add personalized features to your board like unique logos or handcrafted designs sketched by you. Whateverskateboards.com offers an array of design options allowing personal artistry to come to life. No skateboard will ever be the same with the option to design your own grip tape, trucks and wheels! You can be as simple or complex as you want. Awaken the pro skater in you with a killer custom skateboard for your easy riding.
Unleash Your Creative Mind
Jab into your originality as a skater and find what drives you to skate. With your passion, designing your own grip tape can become a way to get you back into your roots with skateboarding. Nicknames, logos, graffiti art, personal sketches, brand names, pictures are just simple starters to think about with your custom grip tape. Now you can think of designing both sides of your skateboard and what contrasting colors look best together. The top of the skateboard is something people see first which is a great way to sponsor names or extend your brand to the pros.
Style Your Ride
Getting your name out to the public can be challenging but with custom grip tape you can design fresh logos that attract riders from all around! When you design your skateboard or long board custom designs always look amazing because no one else has seen them before. This way when you’re cruising down hills, riding the pipes, or doing tricks on a rail both sides of your skateboard are visible. Attracting others attention just got twice as easier than before so styling your ride would give your status as a rider ample leeway in the direction of your skating career.
Check out these pro skaters from the Tampa Pro 2016 Finals and their personalized custom grip tap!
Whatever Skateboards Welcomes Jason Gallo, aka @babytooks, to the Whatever Team
Its time to reveal the latest addition to the Whatever Team: Jason Gallo! Welcome to the team! For those who haven’t seen his clips @babytooks (click and follow him!) you need to get on the Internet more because Jason has been live firing some of the most viral clips to hit the scene recently. Know for his hair raising drops, effortless park style, and comparison to the mighty Aaron Jaws Homoki We’re stoked to have snagged him and brought him on to Whatever.
The Clip Seen Round the World
You’ve caught his clips on Instagram (follow at @babytooks) getting reposted by some of the biggest accounts in the game, including our very own Whatever Skateboards Instagram, but here’s the mega viral clip that earned him his comparison to the legendary Jaws. If you haven’t seen this skate clip yet here’s your warning: this is INTENSE.
Not Enough For You? HERE’S MORE
Jason has been dropping in and dropping clips left and right recently, here’s his latest enormous dump truck that will make you question everything.
A Natural Rider and Smooth Steez
It’s not all massive drops and stomps for Jason Gallo, here’s a quickie park clip showing off how easy he makes it look. With effortless flow in the bowls and an undeniably smooth riding style you can see why we’re stoked to have @babytooks on the team.
Want More, More, More?
Of course you do. Be sure to follow his account on IG @babytooks to keep up to date and definitely follow us @whateverskateboards for the best skate clips, skateboarding memes, and of course our contests and giveaways.