Handstand 50/50 grind to handflip out clean AF. Could the hubba be next? 📷: Special props to @conorduggan 🎶: @andrenickatina . . . . . . @whateverskateboards @concretewavemag @humanitystoked @restlessboards @divinewheelco @sk8kingsskateboards @roll.for.peace @litgriptape @brailleskate @adrenalinaskate @mcgillsskateshop
Jogging is defined as Jogging : run at a steady pace, especially on a regular basis as a form of physical exercise. Skateboarding is defined as:Skateboarding is an action sport which involves riding and performing tricks using a skateboard, as well as a recreational activity, an art form, a entertainment industry job, and a method of transportation. Chris Yandall combined these two sports to create Skogging!! . . . . #skogging #skogger #longboarding #fitness #workout #whateverskateboards #teamwhatever @whateverskateboards A post shared by StevenMeketa (@stevenskoggermeketa) on
360 DoubleFlip Battle👌. @flipsideskateshop @whateverskateboards @hashtagalongofficial @flipsidecuracao @stefan.janoski.shoes @nikesb @garrettginner @flipskateboards #thewhatevergames #skateboarding #skate #skatepark #skatecrunch #skatecrunchmag #skatelife #skate4life #skateordie #simplicity #kickflip #kickflips #theberrics #sls #streetskateboarding #skateisfun #skategram #TheWhateverGames #metrogrammed #shralpin #skatefam #skateanddestroy #skater #skateeverydamnday #skateeveryday #skateclipsdaily #skaterreposter
#whateverskateboards #skateclips #skateboardingisfun #airspeedshoes A post shared by Drew Drew Bee (@drulow01) on
Pokemon GO and Skateboarding Are Perfect, Here’s Our Pokemon GO Guide for Those Who Skateboard!
By now you’ve heard of Pokemon GO the amazing new Pokemon game and the first Pokemon app for iOS and Android. You move around the real world and the augmented reality part of the Pokemon app shows you wild Pokemon nearby, Poke Stops which give you items, and Pokemon Gyms which you can challenge based on your team. Pokemon GO is the most popular app and most popular game right now, and that’s perfect for skateboarders: we get around the real world better than anyone else. Becoming a skateboarding Pokemon trainer is easy, here’s our Pokemon GO guide to going from Pokemon GO Beginner to becoming the ultimate Pokemon GO Pokemon Master using nothing but your skateboard and our guide.
DISCLAIMER: BE CAREFUL WHEN COMBINING POKEMON GO AND SKATEBOARDING. ALWAYS WATCH THE ROAD.
Master the Basics of Pokemon GO
To max out your potential you need to know how Pokemon GO works. Download the app, get your account set up, and catch your starter Pokemon. Once you’ve familiarized yourself with the way the map works, locating Pokestops, and locating gyms, you’ll be ready to use our Pokemon GO guide. Poke Stops are blue with a cube until you get close, then you open them up and swipe the circle image / coin. You will get items from Pokestops. Gyms are larger, typically a color from a team with a Pokemon on top. You need to become level 5 before you can fight and conquer a Pokemon Gym. Now that you’ve downloaded Pokemon GO and you know how to use it let’s get in to the details.
Get Informed – Know Your Pokemon GO
- Grass Shaking/Leaves – Seen on the map, a Pokemon may be at the grass or may *not* be at the grass. Wild Pokemon are simply more likely to be in the shaking grass area. The leaf / shaking grasses are found everywhere but are most common near parks or open areas. Try to find a park you can skate through to snag a bunch super quick.
- Pokemon Tab / Gray Pokemon Outlines – Seen on the map this lets you know which Pokemon are nearby.
- Footprints Below Pokemon – Seen in the menu in the map this lets you know how close a Pokemon is to you. The fewer footprints there are closer the Pokemon is. Rumor has it that 1 foot = 50m, 2 feet = 100m, 3 feet = +150m
- CP – This is the Combat Power of a Pokemon. The higher the better for use in battle. The higher your level the higher the CP of the Pokemon you catch.
- Stardust – Used to level up your Pokemon this stuff is gained from capturing Pokemon. You can earn it as part of you bonus for owning a Gym.
- Candy – Used to level up your Pokemon. Get candy from capturing Pokemon. You can get Candy from doing a Transfer, but you get 1 Candy for each Pokemon transferred.
- Eggs – You have an Incubator in your Items. Click to your Pokemon then swipe right to get to the Eggs tab. Choose an egg and start incubating. The egg will hatch when you’ve gone the distance on the egg. Your incubator is infinite but Incubators you buy with Coins have limited uses.
- Incubator – Used to hatch Pokemon Eggs. The Incubator only counts your steps if you are skateboarding or walking. It seems like driving does not work. App must be open.
- Coins – Buy them with real money or earn them each day by having a Pokemon defending a gym. Open up the Shop section and top right is a button. Make sure you have at least 1 Pokemon defending a gym to earn Coins daily.
- Alerts – The app has to be open for you to get alerts about Pokemon.
- PokeStop Refresh Time – 5 minute refresh.
PROTIPS: Pokemon GO and Skateboarding
- Watch The Road – There have already been reports on Reddit of people crashing on their skateboards and hurting themselves as well as *gasp* shattering their phones! You can hold your phone in your hand or pocket and get vibrations and sound updates. You’ll most likely be taking lines and alleys you haven’t taken before so stay sharp.
- Always Equip An Egg – If you’re skating around never forget your eggs. Unlike most people your eggs will be hatching 2x as fast because you’re skating. Eggs and skateboards are one of the best cheats for Pokemon GO.
- Drop Your Pokemon At the Gym – Before getting your daily bonus to get your Coins be sure to drop some Pokemon off to defend the local gyms. With your skateboard under your feet you’ll be able to roll from gym to gym quick.
- The Grass Is Always Greener – Grassy areas and parks are the prime locations to pick up new Pokemon. Poke Stops are usually at nearby landmarks and Pokemon Gyms are at major landmarks. Skaters have the advantage as often Poke Stops will be along pathways and parks cars are not allowed on and other trainers will have to walk.
- Get Electric – You need battery power. Between filming skate clips, watching skate clips, and playing Pokemon GO your skateboarding session is going to wreck your phone battery. Make sure you’re fully charged and keep your charger on you.
- Capture Everything – To get Candy and Stardust you need to capture Pokemon and you’re going to get a lot of Zubats and Ekans as you’re rolling around. Capture everything you can while on your skateboard so you’re always finding new Pokemon as you’re skateboarding.
- Pump Yourself Up – Some phones will allow you to play music over Pokemon GO. Turn off the music in the Pokemon GO settings and blast your usual skating playlist to keep yourself pumping the kilometers.
- Pokemon Move With Your – If you get to catch a rare Pokemon but its floating out in the street don’t stress, it doesn’t actually move away as you move away. You can powerslide to a stop and hit the sidewalk so you have the time to make a Great Pokeball throw.
- Roll Deep – Get to your friends in your crew before anyone else does to make sure you’re all on the same team. Once you pick a team color in Pokemon GO you cannot change your team color. After you’re all on the same team it will be easier to take down gyms as a squad. Roll deep to smash your opponents and get tons of prestige for your gym so its invulnerable.
Skateboarding Tricks While Capturing a Pokemon
So far we’ve done is a little curb slapper while catching a Charmander but one of the finest parts of skateboarding and playing Pokemon GO is getting a rolling capture or making a trick. Trying to hit a Pokemon with a Pokeball while skateboarding and busting a trick is no small feat! We’ve also been getting screen captures with the AR turned to get Pokemon in the shot.
Ash Ketchum may ride a bicycle but Pokemon GO is a skateboarding game for sure. We were busting tricks at every gym location earlier today and were considering a system whereby you had to do a trick based on which Pokemon you caught. Either way Pokemon GO is getting dominated by skaters rolling from gym to gym claiming the rarest and best Pokemon Gyms for themselves. Now that you know the Pokemon GO basics and you’ve got the Pokemon GO PROTIPS, its time to hit the streets.
No Look Pokemon Capturing – Pokemon GO Plus
Pokemon GO Plus is the wristband attachment made by Nintendo made for capturing Pokemon without needing to hold your phone. Skating around staring at a screen can be exhausting after a while so Pokemon GO Plus is a Bluetooth wearable Pokemon GO wristband that notifies you when a Pokemon is near without needing to have the Pokemon GO app open. Perfect for those who roll the distance in areas where there aren’t really a lot of Pokemon the Pokemon Plus wristband isn’t available yet but will be released this year by Nintendo. The Pokemon GO Plus wearable is already up on Amazon.com so we can see what it looks like, and Nintendo *is* taking preorders but no one has had a real chance to do a Pokemon GO Plus review yet. When we do get one we’ll do a Pokemon GO Plus review for sure.
Pokemon GO Plus Preorders / Pokemon GO Plus In Stock
The Pokemon GO Plus release date says December 2016, but that is only when it is sold out. With the popularity of Pokemon fever hitting peak right now Nintendo has been taking Pokemon GO Plus preorders and the Amazon.com offering says its Currently Unavailable when the Pokemon GO Plus is not in stock. If you want to see if Pokemon GO Plus preorders are working or if Pokemon GO Plus is in in stock click here.
We’ve seen mad people rolling around in Pokemon clothes, from Pokemon Tshirts to Pokemon Hats. There’s some rad Pokemon gear floating around, (outside of Ash Ketchum snapbacks), to help other Pokemon Trainers recognize you at a spot. Not everyone on their phone is out training their Pokemon so its nice to know who’s playing the game and who’s not before you start creeping on people. We’re in to the Pokeball Tshirts, Pattern Pokemon Tshirts, and some of the Pokemon Backpacks out there. Here’s some of what’s floating around out there:
Send Us Your Illest Pokemon Trick Shots!
Got some killer content for us? Follow us on Instagram @whateverskateboards and shoot us a DM with your best Pokemon skateboarding pics. If your pics are sick we’ll give you a shoutout! Follow our Instagram for giveaway and dank skateboarding memes!
Top Skateboarding Apps We Are Stoked About
From online games to live feed, these free top skateboarding apps are here for all your skating needs. All of these apps are compatible with the iPhone, and some are also compatible with the Android. I combed through a bunch of skate apps to put together a collection of the top 7 most useful apps that can help you up your skate game. They are also all for free!
This app is useful if you are looking for new places to shred. Locations will be marked on a map near your local area. You can also rate the run up and the run down on each spot. There is also another rating for the best time of the day to skate each spot. The only catch is that not all skaters will want to let everyone in on their secret. Those are still only available by word of mouth.
Skull Candy has created an app for skaters and snowboarders. This is one of the best skateboarding apps that has the information for each location such as conditions, weather, and ratings, qualifying it on the list of top skateboarding apps. You can also listen to streaming music. This app is like a skate google map and a radio combined into one!
The School of Skate
If you are looking for a way to up your skills, this is the app for you. Learn tips from pros on how to do tricks. The motto of this site is “Helping the world progress one trick at a time.” We chose this one as one of the top skateboarding apps since we support their motto, and agree with what they are trying to do for the skate community.
The big name Nike has created their own skate app and we are not disappointed. This app helps you connect with skaters from around the world. Upload videos of tricks to share with everyone. Pros also post up challenges for people to respond to. If your trick is sick, you have a big chance to be featured on their app! This is a great way to put yourself out there and to be noticed.
Connect with other skaters through Boarder Lounge to talk about all things related to skating. You can also post videos through this app. This app is like a live skate forum for your phone.
This app is more about entertainment. You can watch the latest and top rated skate videos through this app. Catch up on the latest tricks and contest updates through videos posted by the skate pros.
Our list would not be complete without a skate game. Touch grind makes it on the list of top skateboarding apps since this is the best app skate game out there. This game lets you customize your board, which we are all about. You use your two fingers to skate through the virtual skate park. It is like a virtual tech deck!
We are stoked about these 7 top free skateboarding apps out there that provide an outlet for creativity, community and fun. Hope you all enjoy these apps!
You can also design your own personalized skateboard at Whateverkateboards.com
Whatever Skateboard’s Official Review – Tony Flop Pro Skater 5
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 is out and the results are in: its not good. You know its for real when die hard Tony Hawk fans like ourselves are bearing the bad news. The Tony Hawk hype machine had pumped this skating game up to 11 only to have it aggressively panned on social media and by critics. A quick read of comments on Tony Hawk’s Instagram lets you know how people feel. Sadly Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 doesn’t even let you design your own skateboard. And unfortunately for skaters this is the most recently released major skateboard game so there’s no real option but to buy it and complain :-( And that brings us to our Official Whatever Skateboards Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 Review.
SCORE: 7.2 / 10 (NO BUENO)
What Does Whatever Skateboards Know About Skateboard Games?
For one we play the XBox One in our office constantly and we’ve logged some major hours designing our own skateboard in Skate 3 and Skate 4. While we don’t have an Official Whatever Skateboards Review of Olli Olli and Olli Olli 2 we’ve logged A LOT of hours on them and even have some of the global high scores. Not to mention several members of our team used to be game developers and had platinum hits so we’re not just parroting the rest of the reviews.
The Good: This Game Has Some Moments
As with any game you can see the developers and production team did try put their hearts in to it. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 shines during certain surprise and delight moments: putting the first weird head on your skater, popping beach balls in The Berrics pool, and even firing explosive rockets out of your skateboard. The subtle trick names as you clear gaps and grind rails are good for a smile and the quippy mission names are the same way. Some of the missions are better than others, and there are a few times the rides lines really are spectacular. Overall the stock levels are actually pretty fun and larger than we expected. Oddly enough one of the best parts of this game is the stupid Robomoto intro.
The Bad: Yikes
Our first office play session was hours long and we unlocked the third level. The next day we went to play again and all of our game data had been reset. That meant hours of replaying the missions and the complete lack of story (unlike THPS Underground) became painful. We bailed. We forced ourselves to pick it back up again. Every private match ended in a crashed game and needing an XBox One reboot. You can’t even switch Missions from within a Mission, you have to go all the way out to “Freeskate” mode even though the menu opens up. You hit the left menu button and the menu opens on the right of the screen. Hit the right menu button and the menu opens on the left side of the screen. In a nutshell this game is mentally painful to play.
The Ugly: This Game Is Actually Worse Than You Realize
This game does a bit of a disservice to gaming. Where the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater was innovative and moved gaming forward this game was a cold rehash of the Tony Hawk franchise. The best new move was stolen from Olli Olli and the “big new thing” is a multiplayer open world no one wants to be in. Given the years between the release of THPS4 and THPS5 this game should have been a glorious reboot of one of the last god-tier gaming franchises from the golden era of 32 and 64 bit gaming. Instead we got the Star Wars: Episode 1 of skateboard games. Everyone was hoping for a new version of an old classic but instead what we got was the same old game. There goes another unicorn :’-(
The soundtrack is another great place to see something terribly wrong with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5: its all rock and punk. There’s no EDM, no dubstep, no hip hop, and no rap. The original soundtrack was incredible, this was huge chance to reboot it and instead what we got was a small can of TH approved music. We know he likes that stuff already, its not new to brand followers. And its certainly not in touch with modern music. Does the Hawk listen to anything but guitars? What about any other skaters in the game? Do they have ears and like music? We’ll never know.
Unlike the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater which had a bevy of famous skaters this version pretty much lets you pick from Tony Hawk, Tony Hawk Jr., and Tony Hawkette. Where the hell is Rodney Mullen, Evan Smith, Kilian Martin, or any female skaters? Why can’t I make my own face on a skater? Why can’t I skate my own skate? The original Tony Hawk Pro Skater went so far past Tony Hawk himself that it made him stand out as a remarkable individual in a community and finalized his status as a pop culture god. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 continues to celebrate the Tony Hawk legacy but never gets past the Tony Hawk brand enough to connect with anyone actually playing the game.
In the end it felt like THPS5 was a game made for one person to play: Tony Hawk.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 PROTIPS
- Metacritic gave this a 1.5 / 5
- Gamespot gave this a 3.0 / 10
- Wait until much later or even after the holidays to get this game if you have to buy it the price will be much lower.